All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe prominence and variety of global movements of resistance indicates that the idea of politics as governance is contested. However, the political can continues to reinforce a narrow definition of politics according to liberal principles and practices. This book develops a new theory of political life that includes, and highlights, the interconnectedness of forces of order, disorder, governance, resistance, violence and difference. Using the concept of the milieu- both a mechanism of governance and a force of difference and transformation-this book stages an encounter between the modern political and international thought of Thomas Hobbes and Immanuel Kant and the contemporary philosophy of Michel Foucault and Gilles Deleuze. The writings of Foucault and Deleuze will serve to explore and contextualize the milieu and will function to highlight the complex mobility and relationality of tions of politics, life, governance and resistance.
- Author BiographyLeonie Ansems de Vries is lecturer in politics at Queen Mary University of London. She has written journal articles for Theoria, Global Society and Cultural Politics.
- Author(s)Leonie Ansems de Vries
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield International
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield International
- Weight263 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.