Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a new way of understanding community. It draws from previous definitions and interpretations of the concept to come to one that takes into account the growing pluralism in the socio-political strata of the world of today. The author's extensive analysis of three approaches to community by Ferdinand Toennies, Emile Durkheim and Heinrich Pesch gives the study a solid sociological foundation. His inclusion of authors like Martin Buber, Jacques Maritain, Emmanuel Mounier, John MacMurray, Louis Janssens and Stanley Hauerwas in the study underlines t only the philosophical but also the theological stronghold of the book. The discussion on how the tion of God as Trinity can affect the meaning of community adds to its theological relevance. By introducing personalism and the Trinitarian tion of God into how he thinks community should be understood today, the author challenges his readers, individually and collectively, to review the traditional attitudes to diversity and differences in society. A generally thematic study, the work also reveals the author's commitment to a historical-critical approach. Taken seriously the vision of community espoused in the book can lead to answering questions on conflicts in the world today.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Edmund Aku was ordained a priest for the Catholic Archdiocese of Owerri, Nigeria 1990. He holds a doctorate degree in Theology from the Catholic University of Louvain, Belgium, where he also obtained his Master's degree and Licentiate (STL) in the same discipline. Rev. Aku is holder also of a Master of Science degree in Education (MSEd) from Fordham University, New York. He has Bachelor's degrees in Philosophy and Theology from the Pontifical Urban University, Rome.
- Author(s)Edmund Aku
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/03/2000
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleEuropaische Hochschulschriften/European University Studies/Publications Universitaires Europeennes Reihe 23: Theologie/Series 23: Theology/Serie 23: Theologie
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 692
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight340 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.