All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBefore his untimely death in 1987, rewned New Testament scholar Bo Reicke was working on a manuscript in which he had solved the riddle of the Pastorals and the deutero-Paulines by fitting them seamlessly into Paul's work as kwn from Acts and from the ackwledged Pauline letters. In Re-examining Paul s Letters, Reicke concludes that the generally accepted theory that the deutero-Paulines were written after Paul's death presents too many inconsistencies when viewed historically. Reicke argues that the emphases of the deutero-Paulines did t represent kwn problems and theological concerns of the period 70-100 C.E. as presented in the sub-apostolic literature. He also demonstrates that current theories in New Testament scholarship do t explain the wealth of details found in either the undisputed or deutero-Pauline letters. Details, such as names of colleagues and Christian acquaintances, instructions of Paul to these kwn characters which divulge movements and itineraries of Paul in harmony with his other letters, and a host of greetings, would simply be nsense to people of a later generation, but make perfectly good sense if written by Paul or one of his associates. Reicke develops the tion of a Pauline school that takes full account of the diversity, versatility, and adaptability of Paul's colleagues that produced a variety of styles and sub-genres. Unlike many previous attempts to describe the history of the Pauline correspondence, this book weaves a whole new tapestry of Paul's priorities for the gospel. Bo Reicke was for many years Professor of New Testament and Early Christianity at the University of Basel, Switzerland. He is the author of The New Testament Era. David P. Moessner is Professor of Biblical Theology at the University of Dubuque Theological Seminary. Ingalisa Reicke is Bo Reicke's widow, and for many years co-edited Theologische Zeitschrift with her husband.
- Author BiographyBo Reicke was for many years Professor of New Testament and Early Christianity at the University of Basel, Switzerland. He is the author of The New Testament Era. David P. Moessner is Professor of Biblical Theology at the University of Dubuque Theological Seminary. Ingalisa Reicke is Bo Reicke's widow, and for many years co-edited Theologische Zeitschrift with her husband.
- Author(s)Bo Reicke,Bo Reike
- PublisherContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Date of Publication01/09/2001
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group - Trinity
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight250 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byIngalisa Reicke
- Volume editorDavid P. Moessner,Ingalisa Reike
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.