All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten with the assistance, for the first time, of all of those involved, including Bryan Ferry, Brian E, Andy Mackay and Phil Manzanera; the fashion designer Antony Price, the founding guru of pop art, and Bryan Ferry's tutor, Richard Hamilton, and many more, Roxy is also the account of how pop art, the avant garde underground of the 1960s, and the heady slipstream of London in the sixties was transformed into the fashion cults of revivalism, stalgia and pop futurism in the early 1970s.
- Author BiographyMichael Bracewell is the author of six novels and two works of non-fiction, including the much acclaimed England Is Mine. His writing has appeared in The Penguin Book of Twentieth Century Fashion Writing and The Faber Book of Pop, and he has written catalogue texts for many contemporary artists, including Richard Wentworth, Jim Lambie and Gilbert & George. He was the co-curator of 'The Secret Public: The Last Days of The British Underground, 1977-1988', at Kunstverein Munchen in 2006, and was a Turner Prize judge in 2007.
- Author(s)Michael Bracewell
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication02/10/2008
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports. (some col.)
- Weight420 g
- Width126 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.