All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $15.54Trending at AU $17.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a collection of essays from the conference Re/membering Place, held at Stendhal University from 13 to 15 October 2011. It explores the issue of Re/membering Place in a colonial and postcolonial context of displacement, loss, and alienation. The authors consider re/membering as a process of reconstruction which entails the recreation of memory, be it individual or collective, the re-appropriation of the past and of collective myths, the reshaping of identity, and their representation in literature and the arts. They tackle various forms of story-telling in fiction, autobiography, the travel narrative, the memoir, historiography as well as cinema. Further, they analyse how memory and personal testimonies serve to fill in the blanks of historical discourse, to give voice to a forgotten community, revisit historiography and question the can of Western culture. Through the exploration of richly diverse geographies and cultures throughout the world, from the Indian subcontinent to the Atlantic landscapes of Canada and the Caribbean, and the open spaces of Africa and Australia, this collection of essays introduces the reader to the crucial identity issues and problems raised in narratives today.
- Author BiographyCatherine Delmas is a professor of English and Commonwealth literature at Stendhal University (Grenoble III) and the Director of CEMRA EA 3016 (the Research Unit on Modes of Representation in English Studies). Andre Dodeman is a senior lecturer in Anglophone literature at Stendhal University (Grenoble III) in the Foreign Languages department.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication20/02/2013
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight510 g
- Width155 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byAndre Dodeman,Catherine Delmas
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.