All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book-length study of the work of Amy Heckerling, the phemenally popular director and writer of Clueless and Fast Times at Ridgemont High. As such, the book constitutes a significant intervention in Film Studies, prompting a reconsideration of the importance of Heckerling both to the development of teen cinema and as a figure in Hollywood comedy. As part of the ReFocus series, the volume brings together outstanding original and previously published work, examining Heckerling's work from an interdisciplinary perspective. In addition, an interview is planned with the director herself, who will be invited to reflect on her own work in light of the essays. Teen cinema, film and television comedy and the place of female directors in genre cinema are all considered here in a book that attempts to go 'beyond Clueless' and examine the significance of the work of Amy Heckerling.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Frances Smith recently completed a PhD in Film and Television Studies at the University of Warwick. Timothy Shary is Lecturer in Mass Communication at Southern New Hampshire University.
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleReFocus: The American Director Series
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Content Note20 black and white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byFrances Smith,Timothy Shary
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.