All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $21.91Free postage
- AU $25.71Free postage
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionOn September 1, 1994, Lee Child went out to buy the paper to start writing his first vel, in pencil. The result was Killing Floor, which introduced his hero Jack Reacher. Twenty years later, on September 1, 2014, he began writing Make Me, the twentieth vel in his number-one- bestselling Reacher series. Same day, same writer, same hero. The difference, this time, was that he had someone looking over his shoulder. Andy Martin, uber Reacher fan, Cambridge academic, expert on existentialism, and dedicated surfer, sat behind Lee Child in his office and watched him as he wrote. While Lee was writing his Reacher book, Andy was writing about the making of Make Me. Reacher Said Nothing is a book about a guy writing a book. An instant meta-book. It crosses genres, by bringing a high-level critical approach to a popular text, and gives a fascinating insight into the art of writing a thriller, showing the process in real time. It may well be the first of its kind.
- Author BiographyDr Andy Martin is a lecturer in French literature and philosophy at the University of Cambridge. He has written books about Napoleon, Brigitte Bardot, Sartre and Camus, and surfing. He has also written for The Times, the New York Times, the Independent and Prospect magazine.
- Author(s)Andy Martin
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Weight416 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.