Reaching One Thousand: A Story of Love, Motherhood and Autism by Rachel Robertson (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by angus_robertson
- Est. delivery by 12 Dec
- AU $47.68Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Ben is a baby, Rachel puts his behavioural quirks down to eccentricity. He likes to count letterboxes; he hates to get his hands dirty; loud ises make him anxious. But as Ben grows and his quirks become more prounced, it becomes clear there is something else going on. When he is diagsed with autism, Rachel must reconsider everything she thought she knew about parenting, about Ben, and about how best to mother him. Reaching One Thousand charts her quest to understand autism and to build a new kind of relationship with her son. Along the way she explores her own childhood, discovering unexpected links between Ben's experiences and her own. Before she can presume to tell Ben's story, she realises, she must face difficult questions: questions about intimacy, trust, and what it means for a mother to write about her child. Exquisitely written, this is a thought-provoking reflection on family and understanding and a tender love letter from a mother to her son.
- Author BiographyRachel Robertson's fiction and essays have been published in The Best Australian Essays, Australian Book Review, Griffith Review and Island. Her essay 'Reaching One Thousand' was joint winner of the 2008 Calibre Prize.
- Author(s)Rachel Robertson
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication22/02/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight294 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.