Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionOvercoming sexual abuse, discrimination, living in foster care, and an unplanned pregnancy at 17; the story of Marsha D. Knight will pull you in, and raise you up. You will be inspired as you read the joyous, at times painful, journey of one woman overcoming a litany of life's obstacles. Marsha's courageous passage through a difficult upbringing into a successful career, passionate motherhood and dynamic life coach gives everyone who reads it the inspiration to persevere through any obstacles thrown their way. Understand how one woman, through deep personal tenacity, pulled herself up out of the rubble of her life and reached for the sky. This is a story of inspiration.
- Author BiographyMarsha received her certification in life coaching from the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching. She also has an Associate's Degree in Computer Information Systems from Massasoit Community College, Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration from Northeastern University, and a Master's Degree in Integrated Marketing Communication from Suffolk University. Marsha was raised in the small suburban town of Rockland, Massachusetts. As a child of divorce, Marsha and her four siblings were raised by her mother who had Multiple Sclerosis. By the age of 12, she was doing the grocery shopping, the laundry, and many other household chores, forcing her to grow up before her time. At the age of 16, her mother in a nursing home, she was put in foster care where she met the father of her son. Her mother died when Marsha was 19, never knowing that Marsha, at age 18, had given birth to her son Derrick. Derrick was born the same year she graduated from high school. Marsha faced a number of obstacles as she grew to become a woman. Forced to live briefly in her car, being evicted from her apartment, being separated from her son as well obtaining her college degrees while working full time. Despite these trials, at the age of 22 Marsha began an extremely successful 25 year career at a multi-billion dollar telecommunications corporation. She was promoted many times for her leadership, reputation, and excellent interpersonal skills. She became well known as a superior leader with a unique ability to guide and motivate employees. Her natural coaching abilities were evident in the many employees she inspired to reach their goals by getting them promoted and encouraging them to get their education. Despite the challenges of being a busy career woman and pursuing her education at night, Marsha was intently focused on raising her son to be an exceptional young man.
- Author(s)Marsha D Knight
- PublisherKnight's Coaching Experience Publishing
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKnight's Coaching Experience Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight163 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.