All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExpanding on the ideas first presented in Gerhard Ertl's acclaimed Baker Lectures at Cornell University, Reactions at Solid Surfaces comprises an authoritative, self-contained, book-length introduction to surface reactions for both professional chemists and students alike. Outlining our present understanding of the fundamental processes underlying reactions at solid surfaces, the book provides the reader with a complete view of how chemistry works at surfaces, and how to understand and probe the dynamics of surface reactions. Comparing traditional surface probes with more modern ones, and bringing together various disciplines in a cohesive manner, Gerhard Ertl's Reactions at Solid Surfaces serves well as a primary text for graduate students in introductory surface science or chemistry, as well as a self-teaching resource for professionals in surface science, chemical engineering, or nascience.
- Author BiographyGerhard Ertl received his PhD in physical chemistry in 1965 from the Technical University of Munich. He is currently Professor Emeritus at Fritz Haber Institute of the Max Planck Society, Germany, where he was also the Director of the Department of Physical Chemistry from 1986 2004. In addition to winning the 2007 Nobel Prize in Chemistry for his studies of chemical processes on solid surfaces, his many awards received over the years include the Wolf Prize in Chemistry, the Karl Ziegler Prize, the Otto Hahn Prize, and the Japan Prize. He is an acknowledged leader in the field of surface science.
- Author(s)Gerhard Ertl
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/11/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBaker Lecture Series
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width161 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.