All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis, the second and final volume of Reactions of Coordinated Ligands, describes the chemistry of ligands bound through n-carbon atoms, and of coordinated carbon dioxide. As before, emphasis is on the underlying mechanisms, which provide a unity of understanding for superficially disparate processes. The wide range of topics covered illustrates well both the versatility and the usefulness of coordination chemistry in the controlled activation of ligands. Looking to the future, carbon dioxide is the feedstock of last resort. The homogeneous reduction of dinitrogen to ammonia w seems unlikely to replace the Haber process, but solution reactions also lead to more complex, varied, and valuable products. Nitrogen moxide, a n- incent ligand, impinges as pollutant and reagent. Its rich chemistry stems from its linked roles as three-electron dor, and as extremely powerful -acceptor. In the hydrolysis and condensation of complexed amides, esters etc. , metals act both as templates and as tunable and poly functional Lewis acids. Here the control of hydrophobic and steric interactions begins to model the subtle mechanisms of biological specificity. Finally, phosphorus and sulfur are imporant both as ligand atoms in themselves, and as anchors for other functionalities. I would like to thank all those who have been involved in the writing and production of this work, and also my colleagues old and new, at Glasgow and the University of North Texas, for their support. Paul S. Braterman v CONTENTS 1. Reactions of Coordinated Carbon Dioxide 1 J. D. Miller 1.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/10/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight733 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byPaul S. Braterman
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.