All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReactive Search and Intelligent Optimization is an excellent introduction to the main principles of reactive search, as well as an attempt to develop some fresh intuition for the approaches. The book looks at different optimization possibilities with an emphasis on opportunities for learning and self-tuning strategies. While focusing more on methods than on problems, problems are introduced wherever they help make the discussion more concrete, or when a specific problem has been widely studied by reactive search and intelligent optimization heuristics. Individual chapters cover reacting on the neighborhood; reacting on the annealing schedule; reactive prohibitions; model-based search; reacting on the objective function; relationships between reactive search and reinforcement learning; and much more. Each chapter is structured to show basic issues and algorithms; the parameters critical for the success of the different methods discussed; and opportunities for the automated tuning of these parameters.
- Author(s)Franco Mascia,Mauro Brunato,Roberto Battiti
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2010
- Series TitleOperations Research/Computer Science Interfaces Series
- Series Part/Volume Number45
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note74 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight322 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2009
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.