All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis Read, Play, and Learn! storybook module contains 10 days of activities linked to the popular storybook The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything. The module contains the following sections:* The Story: A brief summary of the storybook, with information on where to get the book. * The Planning Sheets: Charts for at-a-glance reference to all of the suggested activities for the 2 weeks. * Vocabulary: A list of the key words and concepts, including labels, action words, and descriptors, to which children can be introduced in the module. * Materials: A list of the toys and equipment, supplies, food, and other items needed for the module. * Areas/Centers: A description of 10 days of different activities for each area or center in the classroom, plus suggested modifications for children functioning at the sensorimotor, functional, and symbolic levels of learning.* How to Involve Families: Sample letters with recommendations to help keep family members or other caregivers informed. * More Suggestions: Additional storybooks and other activities (e.g., songs, fingerplays, resources, computer games) that can be used with the module. The storybooks themselves are t included with this module or the collections. This module is part of an invative, play-based curriculum for children 3 - 6 years of age that promotes general development and boosts cognitive, sensorimotor, communication/language, social, and emerging literacy skills.
- Author BiographyDr. Toni Linder is Professor Emeritus in the Child, Family, and School Psychology Program at the Morgridge College of Education at the University of Denver in Denver, Colorado. Dr. Linder has been a leader in the development of authentic assessment for young children and is known for her work on Transdisciplinary Play-Based Assessment and Transdisciplinary Play-Based Intervention (1990, 1993, 2008). In addition, she developed Read, Play, and Learn (1999), an inclusive, literature and play-based curriculum for preschool and kindergarten learning and development. She consults nationally and internationally on assessment, intervention, early childhood education, program development, and family involvement issues. Dr. Linder has conducted research on a variety of issues, including transdisciplinary influences on development, parent-child interaction, curriculum outcomes, and using technology for professional development in rural areas. In 2012 Dr. Linder formed Early Learning Dynamics LLC to serve as a platform for her continuing consulting, curriculum development, and play-based assessments. Dr. Linder will use Early Learning Dynamics to serve children worldwide.
- Author(s)Toni W. Linder
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication30/06/1999
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Weight525 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.