Read, Write, Connect: A Guide to College Reading and Writing by Amy Lawlor, Kathleen Green (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $165.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $90.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRead, Write, Connect provides integrated instruction in reading and writing paragraphs and essays, complete coverage of research and grammar, and a thematic reader full of high-interest selections students will want to both read and write about. The text begins with a walk-through of the reading and writing processes and then moves on to a series of reading and writing workshop chapters providing in-depth coverage of key topics like finding main ideas and drafting and organizing an essay. Throughout, the text demonstrates that academic processes are recursive for example, drafting is t a phase or stage a writer finishes or completes; drafting continues as the writer revises, based on reading and reflection. The structure of the text reflects this recursivity: as students move from the early chapters to later chapters, they reinforce and expand upon earlier learning, digging deeper into the material and their own ideas and building confidence along the way.
- Author BiographyKathleen Green is an Associate Professor of English at Pasadena City College in Pasadena, California, where she has taught integrated reading and writing courses since 2001. She earned her Ph.D. in English at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee and served as Assistant Professor of English at Purdue University-Calumet before moving to California. She has taught a wide variety of courses--including film history, film theory, women's literature, African-American literature, and children's literature--as well as the entire range of English composition courses, from basic skills to developmental to advanced composition. She has published scholarly articles on women's history and popular culture, but prefers working with students just beginning their journeys into higher education. She has served as a faculty tutor in the Pasadena City College Writing Center, has been involved with Writing Across the Curriculum, and has developed online curricula to help students with basic writing and reading skills across many disciplines. Currently, she teaches in the Veterans Learning Collaborative at PCC, a cohort-based program that helps U.S. military veterans make the transition to college learning.Amy Lawlor is a Professor of English at City College of San Francisco where she has been teaching integrated reading/writing and creative writing since 2008. She earned her M.A. in English as well as a Composition Certificate from San Francisco State University and a Post-Secondary Reading Certificate from Cal State Fullerton. In the 15 years that she has been teaching college, she has enjoyed working at a number of Bay Area community colleges as well as Pasadena City College where she was exposed to a wide variety of composition curricula and experience teaching integrated reading/writing, reading, composition, Filipino-American literature, Latino-American literature, and other courses, including learning community courses and writing-across-the-curriculum courses. At Pasadena City College, in addition to teaching composition and literature, she worked as a faculty tutor in the Pasadena City College Writing Center and collaborated with Kathy Green in developing online curricula for reading and writing. She is currently co-lead faculty for one of City College of San Francisco s accelerated courses and calls curriculum and faculty development her primary professional interests outside the classroom.
- Author(s)Amy Lawlor,Kathleen Green
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication14/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Content Notecolour tables, figures
- Weight975 g
- Width185 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.