All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReadin' + Writin' for the Hard-Hat Crowd explores the history of an urban public university from its conception in 1964 to the dawn of the twenty-first century. The reader views this place in time through the lens of the evolving nature of freshman English, an introductory curriculum that began as four semesters of Great Books. The author, herself among those once labeled the hard-hat crowd, received an undergraduate education similar to that experienced by her contemporaries at elite private colleges. Yet, while this school, once considered a poor man's Harvard, was founded with a mission to provide academic equity, the curriculum evolved to one that responded to pressure for relevancy and practicality.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Susan R. Merrifield is Professor of English Education at Lesley University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. She earned her Ed.D. from the Harvard Graduate School of Education, receiving a Woodrow Wilson/Spencer Dissertation Year Fellowship. She has published works in the fields of literacy and education, recently publishing the results of a study of principals and professional development in the liberal arts.
- Author(s)Susan R. Merrifield
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleHistory of Schools and Schooling
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight230 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.