All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish for Academic Study: Reading This fully updated 2012 edition of English for Academic Study: Reading is designed to challenge and stimulate students on pre-sessional and pre-departure courses. The Course Book contains step-by-step activities written by EAP professionals at the University of Reading's International Study and Language Centre. The activities are designed for use with authentic reading texts in the accompanying EAS: Reading & Writing Source Book. EAS: Reading is based on an extensive review of recent research into EAP writing methodology, and reflects the most recent developments in language teaching for academic purposes. The unit topics are as follows: * Reading for academic purposes * Sustainable energy * The business of science * Society today * Food security * Human resource management * Sustainable fashion * The Tipping Point Each unit uses the contemporary, stimulating texts in the accompanying Reading & Writing Source Book to ensure that students are challenged to develop the reading skills and approaches that will be vital throughout their academic studies. The attractive new format includes key reading skills and study tip features, together with a comprehensive book map and a glossary of terms. The Course Book includes unit summaries to give you a quick overview of what has been covered, and a comprehensive glossary of terms. Each unit also has weblinks offering additional information and activities relating to reading skills and the topics covered in the units. Visit the dedicated website www.englishforacademicstudy.com for even more resources. This book can be used in conjunction with the following books in the English for Academic Study (EAS) series, also published by Garnet Education: EAS: Reading & Writing Source Book, EAS: Writing, EAS: Extended Writing & Research Skills, EAS: Listening, EAS: Speaking, EAS: Vocabulary, EAS: Pronunciation, and EAS: Grammar for Writing.
- Author BiographyJohn Slaght has worked at the University of Reading in a variety of capacities since 1988 and currently works in the EAP department. He is Director of Assessment and Test Development in the International Study and Language Centre at the University. John has co-authored two books in Garnet Education's English for Academic Study series: Reading and Extended Writing and Research Skills. John has extensive overseas experience in Higher Education, having spent a total of 14 years teaching English, History and French in Africa, and Academic English in the Middle East. His work continues to take him to various areas of the globe. John is currently piloting a book of preparation materials for the Test of English for Educational Purposes and is planning further publications on Academic Reading and Language Testing. Currently, his responsibilities in testing include test administration and writing. He has been an item writer for Cambridge ESOL for a number of years and is regional team leader on a marking panel.
- Author(s)John Slaght
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication07/08/2012
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintGarnet Education
- Content Noteblack and white tables and illustrations
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
- Edition StatementTeacher's Edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.