All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis trusted practitioner guide and course text helps K-8 teachers utilize assessment as an integral component of classroom instruction. It guides teachers step by step to recognize good reader behaviors, assess students' strengths and weaknesses, and make evidence-based instructional decisions. Formal and informal measures are discussed for evaluating specific components of literacy, with a focus on the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). Every chapter features activities for developing understanding; in-depth practice exercises are provided in several appendices. Helpful reproducible tools can be photocopied from the book or downloaded and printed in a convenient 8 1/2 x 11 size. New to This Edition * Chapter on major current initiatives: the CCSS and response to intervention. * Extensive CCSS content woven throughout the book. * Expanded coverage of vocabulary assessment, w in its own chapter. * Checklists to guide the selection of high-quality published instruments.
- Author BiographyJoAnne Schudt Caldwell, PhD, is Professor Emerita at Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where she also served as Associate Dean of the College of Education and Leadership. Dr. Caldwell is the author of Comprehension Assessment: A Classroom Guide. She is also coauthor (with Lauren Leslie) of the Qualitative Reading Inventory, 5th Edition, an informal reading inventory; of Intervention Strategies to Follow Reading Inventory Assessment: What Do I Do Now?; and (with Joyce Holt Jennings and Janet W. Lerner) of Reading Problems: Assessment and Teaching Strategies.
- Author(s)JoAnne Schudt Caldwell
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication21/04/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSolving Problems in the Teaching of Literacy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight758 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.