All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionFrom leading experts, this indispensable resource presents a practical model for conducting reading assessments for screening, diagsis, and progress monitoring in each of the three tiers of response to intervention (RTI). K-8 teachers and school personnel are guided to use rm-referenced, informal, and curriculum-based measures to assess key components of reading development and make informed choices about instruction. The book describes how to survey existing assessment practices in a school and craft a systematic plan for improvement; reproducible tools include a 10-page RTI Assessment Audit that can be downloaded and printed in a convenient 8 1/2 x 11 size. See also Assessment for Reading Instruction, Third Edition, which explains the fundamentals of assessment and provides essential hands-on tools.
- Author BiographyKatherine A. Dougherty Stahl, EdD, is Assistant Professor of Reading at New York University, where she serves as Literacy Education Program Director and teaches graduate courses. Her research focuses on reading acquisition, struggling readers, and comprehension. In addition to teaching in public elementary school classrooms for over 25 years, she has extensive experience working with struggling readers in clinical settings. These experiences have led to her research interests and her ongoing collaborations with teachers translating research into practice to improve classroom literacy instruction. Michael C. McKenna, PhD, was Thomas G. Jewell Professor of Reading in the Curry School of Education at the University of Virginia until his death in 2016. He authored, coauthored, or edited more than 20 books, including Assessment for Reading Instruction, Third Edition; How to Plan Differentiated Reading Instruction, Second Edition: Resources for Grades K-3; and Organizing the Early Literacy Classroom; as well as over 100 articles, chapters, and technical reports on a range of literacy topics. Dr. McKenna also served as Series Editor, with Sharon Walpole, of The Essential Library of PreK-2 Literacy. His research was sponsored by the National Reading Research Center and the Center for the Improvement of Early Reading Achievement. He was a corecipient of the Edward B. Fry Book Award from the Literacy Research Association and the Award for Outstanding Academic Books from the American Library Association, and a member of the Reading Hall of Fame.
- Author(s)Katherine A. Dougherty Stahl,Michael C. McKenna
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.