CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.06
About this product
- DescriptionPACKAGE THIS TITLE WITH OUR 2016 MLA SUPPLEMENT, Documenting Sources in MLA Style (package ISBN-13: 9781319087975). Get the most recent updates on MLA citation in a convenient, 40-page resource based on The MLA Handbook, 8th Edition, with plenty of models. Browse our catalog or contact your representative for a full listing of updated titles and packages, or to request a custom ISBN. Reading Critically, Writing Well helps students read for meaning and read like a writer, and it guides them as they apply what they ve learned to their own writing. Each of the book s 9 assignment chapters includes a genre-specific guide to reading that challenges students to analyze the authors techniques as well as a step-by-step guide to writing that helps them apply these techniques to their own essays in the genre. With 13 provocative new professional selections (plus 8 multimodal selections in e-Pages), an array of student models, hands-on activities for critical analysis and invention, and multiple opportunities for summary and synthesis, thistext is the right choice for any instructor who wants to help students learn to read critically and write well. Now with e-Pages: multimodal reading selections that come alive online with videos, podcasts, quizzes, and more.
- Author BiographyRise B. Axelrod is McSweeney Professor of Rhetoric and Teaching Excellence, Emeritus, at the University of California, Riverside, where she was also director of English Composition. She has previously been professor of English at California State University, San Bernardino; director of the College Expository Program at the University of Colorado, Boulder; and assistant director of the Third College (now Thurgood Marshall College)Composition Program at the University of California, San Diego. She is the co-author, with Charles R. Cooper, of the best-selling textbook TheSt. Martin's Guide to Writing as well as The Concise Guide to Writing and Reading Critically, Writing Well. Charles R. Cooper is an emeritus professor at the University of California, San Diego. He served as coordinator of the Third College (now Thurgood Marshall College) Composition Program at the University of California, San Diego, andco-director of the San Diego Writing Project, one of the National Writing Project Centers. He advised the National Assessment of Educational Progress Writing (1973-1981) and coordinated the development of California's first statewide writing assessment (1986-1991). He taught at the University of California, Riverside; the State University of New York at Buffalo; and the University of California, San Diego. He is co-editor, with Lee Odell, of Evaluating Writing and Research on Composing: Points of Departure, and he is co-author, with Rise Axelrod, of the best-selling textbook The St. Martin's Guide to Writing as well as The Concise Guide to Writing and Reading Critically, Writing Well. Alison M. Warriner is Coordinator of Composition, Director of Writing Across the Curriculum, and professor of English at California State University, East Bay, where she has also been Director of the Collaborative Academic Preparation Initiative and the Summer Writing Institutes. Previously she was Director of Communications at Sacred Heart University. She is a coauthor of Academic Literacy: A Statement of Competencies Expected of Students Entering California s Public Colleges and Universities (2002) and of the Expository Reading and Writing Course (ERWC) that is currently being introduced as Senior English into California public high schools through the Early Assessment Program of the CSU Chancellor s Office.
- Author(s)University Alison M Warriner,University Charles R Cooper,University Rise B Axelrod
- PublisherBedford Books
- Date of Publication13/12/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBedford Books
- Weight748 g
- Width165 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement10th annotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.