All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionReading Diagsis for Teachers: An Instructional Approach, Sixth Edition, has what reading educators need to assess students' reading and writing abilities and to plan appropriate instruction accordingly. Well-kwn author/educators Rebecca Barr, Camille L. Z. Blachowicz, Ann Bates, Claudia Katz, and Barbara Kaufman combine an unrivaled wealth of actual case studies with sound theoretical foundation; solid research; and a developmental, constructivist perspective of literacy to prepare reading practitioners to connect diagsis with instructional planning.
- Author BiographyRebecca Barr was Professor of Education and Director of the Doctoral Program at National College of Education of National-Louis University, Chicago, Illinois. She was also editor of the Handbooks of Reading Research, the past president of the National Reading Conference and Editor of the Journal of Reading Behavior. She was a noted educator, scholar, and researcher. Camille Blachowicz is Professor of Education and Director of the Reading Program and The Reading Center at National College of Education of National-Louis University, Chicago, Illinois. She is the author of numerous chapters, articles, and books primarily in her research area, vocabulary instruction, and speaks widely nationally and internationally. Dr. Blachowicz was named to the roster of Outstanding Teacher Educators in Reading by the International Reading Association and has been the recipient of grants and fellowships from the Institute of Educational Sciences, the Spencer and Fulbright Foundations. Ann Bates is Assistant Professor of Education and Clinical Director of the Reading Center at National-Louis University, Chicago, Illinois. She writes, researches, and speaks on clinical practice, early reading and story telling. Currently she is a research associate on the federally funded Multi-faceted Comprehensive Vocabulary Improvement Program Project. Claudia Katz is Assistant Professor of Education and Director of Professional Outreach for the Reading and Language Department at National College of Education of National-Louis University, Chicago, Illinois. She has been a columnist for the Journal of Adolescent and Adult Literacy and writes, researches, and speaks on adolescent literacy and literature. Barbara Kaufman is Adjunct Instructor of Education at National College of Education of National-Louis University, Chicago, Illinois. She is also director of The Good News Tutoring Program, one of the oldest continuous community tutoring programs in the United States. She is a coach-facilitator with Literacy Partners of The Chicago Literacy Initiative Partnership, a project in urban school reform.
- Author(s)Ann Bates,Barbara Kaufman,Camille Blachowicz,Claudia Katz,Rebecca Barr
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication07/03/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight599 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.