Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis high-level developmental reader focuses on reading flexibility and how to analyze different genres of writing. Students learn different strategies for approaching textbooks, magazines, newspapers, and other genres. After a basic review of comprehension and critical-reading skills, the text introduces four units of thematically linked readings. Each reading is accompanied by a description of its specific features and some appropriate responses to those features. Readings that center on two or three related issues encourage students to develop informed opinions--allowing them to shape and revise their opinions as they receive, evaluate, and synthesize opposing points of view.
- Author BiographyAfter receiving her B.S. at Southern Connecticut State University, where she was certified as a teacher of secondary reading, Laraine Flemming went on to earn an M.A. in English literature at Boston College and a Ph.D. in American literature at the State University of New York in Buffalo. During her career, Flemming has taught students from elementary to graduate school covering subjects as varied as reading and writing, American literature, time management, speed reading, and study skills. She began writing textbooks while working as Director of the Reading and Writing Center at Dean Junior College. In need of a reading textbook that had lots of exercises combined with genuinely thought-provoking readings, Flemming decided to write her own. You can contact Laraine Flemming by emailing her at email@example.com or by visiting her website at www.laflemm.com.
- Author(s)Laraine E. Flemming
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication22/07/2004
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width188 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $80.68New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.