All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionReading Plato offers a concise and illuminating insight into the complexities and difficulties of the Platonic dialogues, providing an invaluable text for any student of Plato's philosophy. Taking as a starting point the critique of writing in the Phaedrus -- where Socrates argues that a book cant choose its reader r can it defend itself against misinterpretation -- Reading Plato offers solutions to the problems of interpreting the dialogues. In this ground-breaking book, Thomas A. Szlezak persuasively argues that the dialogues are designed to stimulate philosophical enquiry and to elevate philosophy to the realm of oral dialectic.
- Author BiographyThomas A. Szlezak is Professor of Greek Philology at the University of Tubingen, Germany. He is the author of numerous books on Plato.
- Author(s)Thomas A. Szlezak
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/1999
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Notenotes, bibliography
- Weight204 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byGraham Zanker
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.