All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReading Smell examines how far the vel, which is so often claimed to be a repository of modernity and changing mores, can be understood through a reintroduction of olfactory information. After decades of reading for all kinds of racial, cultural, gendered, and other sorts of absences back into the vel, this book takes one step further: to consider how the recovery of forgotten or overlooked olfactory assumptions might reshape our understanding of these texts.
- Author BiographyEmily C. Friedman is associate professor of English at Auburn University.
- Author(s)Emily C. Friedman
- PublisherBucknell University Press
- Date of Publication27/06/2016
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleTransits: Literature, Thought & Culture, 1650-1850
- Place of PublicationCranbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBucknell University Press
- Weight440 g
- Width157 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.