All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sun Also Rises has endured a variety of readings but few have investigated its potential as a product and reflection of the prevailing socio-ecomic landscape. This book examines the vel as a political and cultural artifact. Ernest Hemingway's self-avowed suggestive method allowed him to imply what could be explicitly stated only at the risk of diminishing his art. Furthermore, this language of silences and absences often represses contradictions between the narrator's expressed code and his actions.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Marc D. Baldwin teaches composition and literature at Hillsborough Community College in Tampa, Florida. He received his Ph.D. from the University of South Florida. He has published articles on William Faulkner, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Herman Melville, discourse theory, popular culture and detective fiction. He has placed his first novel, entitled The Pros and Cons of Desire, with an agent and is currently working on his second.
- Author(s)Marc D Baldwin,Marc D. Baldwin
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1998
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleModern American Literature: New Approaches
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1998
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight240 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.