All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionReading Theory Now explores movements in critical thinking through a host of radical theorists, and channels those movements through the work of one of the most influential proponents of critical interpretation in the world today, J. Hillis Miller. It enables its readers to see how and why theoretical models of reading are of use only in the practical event of reading literary and philosophical texts, that the politics and poetics of interpretive paradigms are constantly shifting, changing and evolving as present day perspectives transform those traditions unalterably. it seeks to invite its readers to challenge the concept of the paradigm, the school, the movement, even the sequence, by presenting them with a choice to read in their own way, to dip in and out of singular events of interpretation from A to Z. In this respect Reading Theory Now invites its audience to decide for him/herself where they begin and end their own critical analyses. Reading Theory Now also contains: *A Preface by J. Hillis Miller which comments on the significance of reading as an event and the centrality of political and ecological issues in his most recent work. *An Afterword by Julian Wolfreys which tackles these issues in Miller's latest books. *A select antated bibliography which will help students coming to Miller's work for the first time to find their own way into his vast critical corpus.
- Author BiographyDr Eamonn Dunne is a teacher of English at Colaiste Chraobh Abhann school in Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow, Ireland. He is the author of J. Hillis Miller and the Possibilities of Reading: Literature after Deconstruction (2010) and has research interests in pedagogy, popular culture, queer theory and narratology. He is currently co-writing a third book on queer theory and literature with Michael O'Rourke. J. Hillis Miller is one of the leading American literary critics of the past half-century. Together with Paul de Man, Harold Bloom, and Geoffrey Hartman he was part of The Yale School of deconstruction, which heavily influenced and popularized deconstruction in contemporary literary criticism. He is currently Distinguished Research Professor of English and Comparative Literature at the University of California Irvine, USA. Julian Wolfreys is a Professor of Modern Literature and Culture with the Department of English and Drama at Loughborough University, UK. The author and editor of numerous books and articles, his most recent publications are Writing London III: Inventions of the City (Palgrave) and Transgression: Identity, Place, Time (Palgrave).
- Author(s)Eamonn Dunne
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight357 g
- Width137 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.