All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Walzer is one of the world's leading philosophers and political theorists. In addition to his best-kwn books such as Spheres of Justice, and Just and Unjust Wars, he has contributed to contemporary political debates beyond academia in the New York Times, the New Yorker and Dissent. Reading Walzer is the first book to assess the full range of Walzer's work. An outstanding team of international contributors consider the following topics in relation to Walzer's work: * the moral standing of nation states * individual responsibility and laws governing the conduct of war * debates over intervention and n-intervention * human and mirity rights * moral and cultural pluralism * equality * justice * Walzer's radicalism and role as a critic. All chapters have been specially commissioned for this collection, and Walzer's responses to his critics makes Reading Walzer essential reading for students of political philosophy and political theory.
- Author BiographyMichael Walzer is Professor Emeritus at the Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, USA. He is an editor emeriti of the political-intellectual quarterly Dissent, and is a contributing editor to The New Republic. To date, he has written 27 books and published over 300 articles, essays, and book reviews in Dissent, The New Republic, The New York Review of Books, the New Yorker, the New York Times, and many scholarly journals. Yitzhak Benbaji teaches ethics, political philosophy and philosophy of law at the Tel Aviv University Law Faculty, Israel. Naomi Sussmann is head of Citizenship and Community in Molad, The Centre for the renewal of Israeli Democracy, Jerusalem.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/10/2013
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byNaomi Sussmann,Yitzhak Benbaji
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.