Reading by the Colors: Overcoming Dyslexia and Other Reading Disabilities Through the Irlen Method by Helen Irlen (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.50Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.96Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRevised edition of the breakthrough treatment for dyslexia. This new edition of Reading by the Colors includes significant breakthroughs and new applications for use with the Irlen Method to aid in the treatment of reading disabilities. If you, your child or someone you kw has a reading disability, there may be a quick and effective solution to this all-too-common problem. Educational psychologist, Helen Irlen, has developed a revolutionary new technique that can improve or entirely alleviate reading difficulties for approximately one out of every five people who are affected by such a problem. Ten years ago, Helen Irlen was studying methods of helping adults with chronic learning disorders. She ticed that certain adults showed marked improvement in their reading abilities when a transparent coloured acetate sheet covered their reading material. For the next five years, Irlen worked on and refined her discovery, developing and patenting a series of coloured lenses that when worn by people who suffered from Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome (SSS) either improved or eliminated sight-reading problems. Reading by the Colors is the first book to explain in easy to understand language just what the Irlen method is, what it can do to improve reading skills and what it cant do. It, also, includes a colour-keyed self-test. For millions of children and adults who suffer from dyslexia and other related reading problems, Reading by the Colors may provide the first glimpse of a permanent solution.
- Author BiographyHelen Irlen is an internationally recognized educator, researcher, and scholar. The Irlen Method has been featured on 60 Minutes, Good Morning America, ABC Worldwide News with Peter Jennings, and news programs in many other countries.
- Author(s)Helen Irlen
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerigee Books,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight350 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.44
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.