All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionReviews for the 1st Edition include: Professor Campbell draws on his vast experience in this field to bring us a highly readable and wide-ranging handbook which will prove invaluable to all practitioners. - BAECE Early Education ...the handbook will provide an accessible and informative source of reference. - Child Education Reading in the Early Years Handbook represents an admirable attempt to take a very complex set of issues and present them in a form which is accessible and uncomplicated, but without the loss of any rigour or accuracy. Students and teachers alike will find this volume to be invaluable as an initial reference book. - Language Awareness Reading in the Early Years Handbook is a reference text covering all aspects of young children learning to read. In this second edition recent developments such as the literacy hour and baseline assessments are included. The text covers a comprehensive list of topics from the alphabet to nursery rhymes, shared reading and your classroom. The text also deals with practical issues such as classroom organization and management and time for literacy. In all sixty-five topics are presented alphabetically and each of these topics is followed by suggestions for further reading. Additionally, several topics have 'In the classroom' sections where examples from the classroom are used to highlight the practical issues. Following the success of the first edition the comprehensive materials are again presented in a handbook format to enable easy access for readers.
- Author BiographyRobin Campbell was previously a primary school teacher and headteacher. He is now Emeritus Professor of Primary Education at the University of Hertfordshire. He completed a PhD with research into infant children learning to read. A more recent study led to the publication of Reading with Alice and in the USA Read-Alouds with Young Children.
- Author(s)Robin Campbell
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notereferences
- Weight340 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.