All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title is a unique collection of essays surrounding modern hermeneutic approaches to early Christian theological texts. Reading the corpus of texts written by the Fathers of the Church has always been a core area in Christian theology. However, scholars and academics are by means united in the question how these important but difficult authors should be read and interpreted. Many of them are divided by implicit (but often unquestioned) assumptions about the best way to approach the texts or by underlying hermeneutical questions about the rms, limits and opportunities of reading Ancient Christian writers. This book will raise profound hermeneutical questions surrounding the reading of the Fathers with greater clarity than it has been done before. The contributors to this volume are theologians and historians who have used contemporary post-modern approaches to illuminate the Ancien corpus of texts. The chapters discuss issues such as: What makes a 'good' reading of a church Father?; What constitutes a 'responsible' reading?; Is the reading of the Fathers limited to a specialist audience?; and, What can modern thinkers contribute to our reading of the Fathers?
- Author BiographyMorwenna Ludlow is Lecturer in Patristics at the University of Exetery, UK. Scot Douglass is Associate Professor in the Herbst Program of Humanities for Engineers at University of Colorado, Boulder, USA.
- Author(s)Morwenna Ludlow,Scot Douglass
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication04/04/2011
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintT.& T.Clark Ltd
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.47New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $20.09New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.