All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn obsessive word lover's account of reading the entire Oxford English Dictionary, hailed as the Super Size Me of lexicography. I'm reading the OED so you don't have to, says Ammon Shea on his slightly masochistic journey to scale the word lover's Mount Everest: the Oxford English Dictionary. In 26 chapters filled with sharp wit, sheer delight, and a documentarian's keen eye, Shea shares his year inside the OED, delivering a hair-pulling, eye-crossing account of reading every word.
- Author BiographyAmmon Shea is the author of two previous books on obscure words, Depraved English and Insulting English (written with Peter Novobatzky). He read his first dictionary, Merriam Webster s Second International, ten years ago, and followed it up with the sequel, Webster s Third International. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
- Author(s)Ammon Shea
- PublisherPerigee Books
- Date of Publication05/05/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerigee Books
- Weight218 g
- Width138 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.