All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHelp for those who have been bereaved to express their thoughts and feelings. Will make people more confident in planning a funeral service and dealing with clergy. Many n-churchgoers attend funerals. The book will contain pieces that offer an insight into the difference Christian faith and hope can make. Follows the style of the highly successful Readings for Weddings which has sold over 7,000 copies. Readings for Funerals is a perceptive collection of Bible quotations, poems, hymns and prose, offering consolation and comfort to those bereaved. Featuring the writing of, amongst others, W. H. Auden, Simon Armitage, Wendy Cope, T. S. Eliot and Joyce Grenfell, it is suitable for use at secular funerals, celebrations of a life and church services.
- Author BiographyMark Oakley is Canon Chancellor of St Paul's Cathedral. He was formerly Rector of St Paul's, Covent Garden, then Archdeacon of Germany and Northern Europe, and subsequently priest-in-charge of the Grosvenor Chapel in Mayfair, London. He is the author of The Collage of God (DLT, 2001), and compiler of Readings for Weddings (SPCK, 2004).
- PublisherSPCK Publishing
- Date of Publication15/01/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSPCK Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byMark Oakley
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.