All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionGlobal health has seen an influx of investment and interest over the last two decades, fueling significant gains in areas such as infectious disease and maternal and child health. As new threats continue to emerge - pandemics, health impacts of climate change, the growing burdens of an aging population - it's clear that global health will require fresh thinking and continued investment in order to build on its early successes. Readings in Global Health is a collection of authoritative review articles on topics in global health excerpted from the New England Journal of Medicine. Authored and edited by leading voices in the field, this volume serves as an ideal introduction to both the state of global health and its road from here. With extensive illustration, referencing, and supplemental commentaries by editors David J. Hunter and Harvey V. Fineberg, it's an essential guide to the principles and practice of global health and works as a textbook for students taking global health courses as well.
- Author BiographyDavid J. Hunter, MBBS, MPH, ScD, is Dean for Academic Affairs and Vincent L. Gregory Professor of Cancer Prevention at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health and Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School. A medical doctor and epidemiologist from Australia, he has conducted HIV research in East Africa and led international consortia studying nutritional and genetic causes of breast, prostate, and colorectal cancers. Harvey V. Fineberg, MD, PhD, is President of the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation. He is a former President of the Institute of Medicine (2002-2014), Provost of Harvard University (1997-2001), and Dean of the Harvard School of Public Health (1984-1997).
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight428 g
- Width163 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDavid J. Hunter,Harvey V. Fineberg
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.