Ready-to-Use Reading and Study Skills Mastery Activities: Secondary Level by Henriette L. Allen, M.Therese A. Levesque, Walter B. Barbe (Paperback, 1996)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $87.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis manual provides 218 reproducible activity sheets for quick, reliable practice in a broad range of basic to advanced reading and study skills. It also provides a reproducible Reading Skills Check List to help pinpoint individual or group needs and monitor students' progress in mastering specific skills. It is organized into six sections: vocabulary, word attack skills, basic comprehension, advanced comprehension, study skills, and creative writing.
- Author BiographyHenriette L. Allen, Ph.D., is a former classroom teacher in the schools of Coventry, Rhode Island, the Aramco Schools of Dhahran, Saudi Arabia, The American Community School of Benghazi, Libya, and Jackson, Mississippi. Dr. Allen served in several administrative roles, including assistant superintendent of the Jackson Public Schools. She is presently an education consultant recognized nationally. Dr. Allen is the senior author of the series Competency Tests for Basic Reading Skills (West Nyack, NY: The Center for Applied Research in Education). She has taught reading skills at both elementary and secondary levels, has supervised the development of a Continuous Progress Reading Program for the Jackson Public Schools, and has lectured widely in the fields of reading, classroom management, technology in the classroom, and leadership in educational administration. Dr. Allen is listed in the World Who's Who of Women and Who's Who--School District Officials. She was the 1996 recipient of the Distinguished Service Award given by the American Association of School Administrators. A nationally known authority in the fields of reading and learning disabilities, Walter B. Barbe, Ph.D., was for twenty--five years editor--in--chief of the widely acclaimed magazine Highlights for Children and adjunct professor at The Ohio State University. Dr. Barbe is the author of over 150 professional articles and a number of books, including Personalized Reading Instruction (West Nyack, NY: parker Publishing Co.), coauthored with Jerry L. Abbott. He is also the senior author and editor of two series--Creative Growth with Handwriting (Columbus, OH: Zaner--Bloser, Inc.) and Barbe Reading Skills Check Lists and Activities (West Nyack, NY: The Center for Applied Research in Education)--and the senior editor of Competency Tests for Basic Reading Skills. Dr. Barbe is a fellow of the American Psychological Association and is listed in Who's Who in America and American Men of Science. M. Therese A. Levesque, Ph.D., has had 25 years of experience as a language teacher and administrator in the schools Coventry, Rhode Island, and the schools of Chenango Forks and South Orangetown, New York. She has successively held positions as Language Department Chairperson, Assistant Principal, Middle School Principal, Title III Director, and Assistant Superintendent. Her activities include preparation of New York State Regents Examinations, curriculum development, and directing programs focused on reading. Dr. Levesque is presently a curriculum consultant and arbitrator for the Labor Panel of the American Arbitration Association. She is listed in Who's Who of American Women.
- Author(s)Henriette L. Allen,M.Therese A. Levesque,Walter B. Barbe
- PublisherPearson Higher Education
- Date of Publication19/09/1996
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCentre for Applied Research in Education
- Out-of-print date22/03/2013
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight681 g
- Width214 mm
- Height287 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.