All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReal CVs For Real People provides stimulating and practical guidance to help intelligent people produce a seriously good, winning CV. The aim of writing a CV is generally to get an interview - the first key step to getting a new job. This book is a guide to producing a sane and grown-up CV for presentation to competent and insightful managers. It is for use in a world where there is competition for every job and where CVs at almost any level are computer-processed. It is written by an experienced headhunter with a habit of independent thinking and steeped in practical psychology. Real CVs For Real People draws on the author's experience that senior managers seem better than anyone else at writing an effective CV, are often unaware of the strength of competition they face, and tend to be too close to their own lives to see themselves and their careers with cold objectivity.
- Author BiographyTim Chenevix-Trench has had a long and varied career - and life. After classics he got a degree in Physics at Oxford and joined ICI - in its great days - in a team pioneering industrial automation. His subsequent international career included work with HMG, three years as Independent Advisor at HM Treasury, leading the creation of three massive information systems in oil and government, early work on business culture and leadership at Shell with leading behavioural psychologists, and senior line management in international Aluminium. He spent three years with the world's then #2 headhunting company. He set out on his own 25 years ago and has conducted searches internationally at all levels for world leading organisations, including Motorola: tough market leaders who also led the world in thinking about work cultures, values, quality and employee development. Sectors in which he has worked include hitech and communications, engineering, steel, grand prix, construction and rail. He continues his search work and mentors managers and senior officers leaving the services. With his partner, a doctor, he has intense active interest in the arts and theatre, travel and cultures; and plans his future living in Berlin and southern Italy. This book is the outcome of varied experience and contains much that is 'individual' and deeply felt. Neither he nor his career has toed the line, nor does this book.
- Author(s)Tim Chenevix-Trench
- PublisherRichdata Books
- Date of Publication31/05/2012
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRichdata Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight148 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.