All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a widely accessible introductory treatment of infinite series of real numbers, bringing the reader from basic definitions and tests to advanced results. An up-to-date presentation is given, making infinite series accessible, interesting, and useful to a wide audience, including students, teachers, and researchers. Included are elementary and advanced tests for convergence or divergence, the harmonic series, the alternating harmonic series, and closely related results. One chapter offers 107 concise, crisp, surprising results about infinite series. Ather gives problems on infinite series, and solutions, which have appeared on the annual William Lowell Putnam Mathematical Competition. The lighter side of infinite series is treated in the concluding chapter where three puzzles, eighteen visuals, and several fallacious proofs are made available. Three appendices provide a listing of true or false statements, answers to why the harmonic series is so named, and an extensive list of published works on infinite series.
- Author(s)Daniel D. Bonar,Micheal J. Khoury.
- PublisherMathematical Association of America
- Date of Publication06/04/2006
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMathematical Association of America Textbooks
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMathematical Association of America
- Content Note47 b/w illus. 41 exercises
- Weight688 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Series Edited byJr.,William Watkins,Andrew Sterrett,Frank A. Farris,Stephen B. Maurer,Julian Fleron,William A. Marion,Sheldon P. Gordon
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.