Real Influence: Persuade Without Pushing and Gain Without Giving in by John B. Ullmen, Mark Goulston (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeople won't put up with being sold anymore. If they sense they are being pushed, their guard goes up - and even if they do comply, lingering resentment undermines the relationship ...maybe forever. Yet, most books on influence still portray it as something you do to someone else to get your way. That out-of-date approach invites resistance or cynicism from those who recognize the techniques. Manipulative tactics might occasionally wear down a colleague's or client's resistance, but they fail to produce the mutual trust that sustains successful relationships. In short, they just won't work in our sophisticated, post-selling world. In this groundbreaking book, authors Mark Goulston and John Ullmen reveal a new model for authentic influence - the kind that creates a strong initial connection and survives long after agreement has been reached. Based on listening, genuine engagement and commitment to win-win outcomes, Real Influence provides a powerful four-step method you can use to: examine your priorities; learn about the key players and what they need; earn their attention and motivate them to hear more; and, add value with your questions and actions. Complete with examples of the steps in action and insights from real-world power influencers, this one-of-a-kind guide shows that being straight with everyone means winning for all.
- Author BiographyMARK GOULSTON, M.D., is a business psychiatrist, consultant, Chairman and Co-Founder of Heartfelt Leadership and the author of Just Listen, Get Out of Your Own Way, and Get Out of Your Own Way at Work. He writes a Tribune syndicated career column; blogs for Fast Company, Business Insider, Huffington Post, and Psychology Today; and is featured frequently in major media including The Wall Street Journal, Harvard Business Review, Fortune, Newsweek, CNN, NPR, and Fox News. He lives in Los Angeles. JOHN ULLMEN, PH.D., is an acclaimed executive coach whose clients include dozens of leading international firms. He oversees MotivationRules.com, conducts popular feedback-based seminars on influence in organizations, and teaches at the UCLA Anderson School of Management.
- Author(s)John B. Ullmen,Mark Goulston
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1 g
- Width64 mm
- Height94 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
- AU $24.96New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $32.17New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $20.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $22.75
- AU $31.07Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $41.88Trending at AU $42.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.