Real Leaders Don't Do PowerPoint: How to Sell Yourself and Your Ideas by Christopher Witt (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.90+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThink about the most powerful speech you've ever heard a leader give. What made that speech-and that speaker-memorable was likely a mix of authenticity, stage presence, masterful delivery, and-above all-an inspirational message. Nobody ever walked out of a great speech saying, I loved the way she used PowerPoint. Yet, all too often, speakers rely on tools like it to carry them through a presentation. Real leaders speak to make a difference, to promote a vision, to change the way people think and feel and act. Their ability to lead goes hand in hand with their ability to get their message across, matter what size audience they're addressing. Drawing on his years of experience in coaching executives, Christopher Witt shows t just how to make a speech but why and when you should make one. His practical advice on how to take your game to the next level includes: - You are the message. Who you are-your character, experience, values-shapes the message your listeners hear.- Content is king. Delivery is important, but it is only the helpful-or unhelpful-servant of your message. So build each speech around one, and only one, Big Idea. - A confused mind always says . When you want your listeners to say yes, you've got to make them understand what you want them to do and why they should care.- Dare to do the unexpected. Leaders kw the rules, and they kw when, why, and how to break them. In chapters that can be read in five minutes or less and in a book that can be gone through in one sitting, Witt shows you how to become more confident, more commanding, more compelling speakers. But this isn't just a book about speaking. It's about leadership and about how people-CEOs and PTA presidents, small business owners and sales reps, middle managers and tech geeks-can present themselves and their ideas with greater impact.
- Author BiographyCHRISTOPHER WITT is a speech consultant and coach with almost three decades of professional speaking experience. As president of San Diego--based Witt Communications, he has shown CEOs how to gain board approval and company-wide support for their initiatives, helped teams of technical experts win multimillion-dollar contracts, and empowered newly promoted managers. He holds a doctorate from Catholic University of America.
- Author(s)Christopher Witt
- PublisherCrown Business
- Date of Publication03/02/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Business
- Weight376 g
- Width148 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.