All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionDrama, tragedy and fast breaks...on wheels. Life goes on... Get Real. Real men, real basketball, real manga. R to L (Japanese Style). Takahashi has an awkward reunion with his father, who has been absent from his life for the past eight years. As father and son struggle with the difficulties of Takahashi's adjustment to life in a wheelchair, they must also come face to face with how much damage was done to Takahashi as a young boy facing the reality of growing up in a broken home. A motorcycle accident, bone cancer, a speeding truck crashing into a boy on a stolen bicycle--tragic, life-changing events turn the worlds of three young men upside down. Three very different personalities have only one thing in common--their passion for basketball. Critically acclaimed, award-winning manga artist Takehiko Iue doesn't pull any punches in this stunning portrayal of people struggling with serious life issues. Masterfully combining rich character development with beautifully detailed line art, Iue, the creator of mega-hit masterpieces Slam Dunk and Vagabond, brings the medium of manga to a completely new level of storytelling.
- Author BiographyTakehiko Inoue is the creator of one of the most popular manga of all time, <b><i>Slam Dunk</i></b>, which has sold over 100 million copies worldwide. He followed that series up with two titles lauded by critics and fans alike--<b><i>Vagabond</i></b>, a fictional account of the life of Miyamoto Musashi, and <b><i>Real</i></b>, a manga about wheelchair basketball. Inoue is the recipient of numerous awards, including the prestigious Tezuka Osamu Culture award and the Media Arts Festival Award. In addition to his work on manga, Inoue has worked on television commercials, character designs for video games, and is the founder of a scholarship to foster Japanese basketball talent.
- Author(s)Takehiko Inoue
- PublisherViz Media
- Date of Publication20/10/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Manga
- Series TitleReal (Viz)
- Series Part/Volume Number06
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintViz Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width166 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Illustrator(s)Takehiko Inoue
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.