Real World Linux Security: Intrusion Prevention, Detection and Recovery by Bob Toxen (Mixed media product, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.70Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $92.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's t a question of if but when. Will you be ready to protect your system when a cracker comes? Real World Linux Security goes beyond the books that merely detail system vulnerabilities by offering system administrators practical solutions for safeguarding Linux systems and actively responding to break-in attempts. Veteran Bob Toxen shows you how to kw your enemies and stop them at the front gate, before they can damage your system. The book is organized into four sections: securing your system, preparing for an intrusion, detecting an intrusion, and recovering from an intrusion. Toxen even provides at-a-glance icons and tables rating the severity and likelihood of each type of attack. Along the way, you'll learn how to configure systems so they alter themselves to lock out a cracker -- and tify the sysadmin immediately -- at the first sign of attack. You'll discover virtually cracker-proof techniques for protecting credit card databases, even if your web server and network are compromised. Toxen also presents techniques for ensuring that, if a break-in does occur, damage will be minimal and a full recovery can happen fast. This fully updated Second Edition w covers IP tables, home, mobile, and wireless issues, and protecting your network from users as well as crackers.
- Author BiographyBOB TOXEN has 28 years of UNIX/Linux experience. One of the 162 recognized developers of Berkeley UNIX, he learned about security as a student at UC Berkeley, where he cracked several of the original UNIX systems there. He is now President of Fly-By-Day Consulting, specializing in Linux and network security, firewalls, VPNs, 24x7 network monitoring, response, and administration for clients worldwide. In 2002, his recommendations were included in a report on improving U.S. intelligence that was presented to President Bush at the President's request. Toxen currently works with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to combat bioterrorism.
- Author(s)Bob Toxen
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication13/11/2002
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1306 g
- Width177 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.