Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $111.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
About this product
- DescriptionReal world research is a common responsibility of professionals and practitioners in a wide range of both public and private settings. These include teachers, social workers and health service professionals, managers and specialists in business, architects, designers, crimilogists and accountants among many others. Real World Research provides a clear route-map of the various steps needed to carry out a piece of applied research to a high professional standard. It is accessible to those without a social science background while providing rigorous and fully up-to-date coverage of contemporary issues and debates. It brings together materials and approaches from different social science disciplines, seeing value in both quantitative and qualitative approaches, as well as their combination in mixed-method designs. Updated throughout, the third edition includes: * A brand new chapter on multi-strategy designs * Increased coverage of ethical issues * A chapter on writing a project proposal * Discussion of internet-based research - both as a research tool and as a subject for research * Coverage of evidence-based approaches - seeking to present a balanced assessment of their value Colin Robson's bestselling textbook is essential reading for many higher education courses, at both undergraduate, taught postgraduate and doctoral level, as well as practitioners and others carrying out a research project as part of their job. A very extensive website, which is closely keyed in to the text, provides additional resources including copious examples of research and further discussion of research issues, links to other useful resources and selected journal articles, antated lists of further reading and an extensive set of PowerPoint slides.
- Author BiographyColin Robson is Emeritus Professor of the School of Human and Health Sciences, Huddersfield University. From 1996-2007 he was chief consultant to the OECD Centre for Educational Research and Innovation project on the development of statistics and indicators on the performance of national systems for the education of children with disabilities, learning and behaviour difficulties, and social disadvantages. He has recently completed a consultancy to a follow-up project funded by Eurostat.
- Author(s)Colin Robson
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/03/2011
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/02/2016
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, figures, charts
- Weight1184 g
- Width175 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.