All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a first course in analysis for scientists and engineers. It can be used at the advanced undergraduate level or as part of the curriculum in a graduate program. The book is built around metric spaces. In the first three chapters, the authors lay the foundational material and cover the all-important four-C's : convergence, completeness, compactness, and continuity. In subsequent chapters, the basic tools of analysis are used to give brief introductions to differential and integral equations, convex analysis, and measure theory. The treatment is modern and aesthetically pleasing. It lays the groundwork for the needs of classical fields as well as the important new fields of optimization and probability theory.
- Author BiographyErhan Cinlar, Professor and former Chair of Operations Research and Financial Engineering, Princeton University Robert J. Vanderbei, Professor and former Chair of Operations Research and Financial Engineering, Princeton University
- Author(s)Cinlar Erhan,Robert J. Vanderbei
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/01/2013
- Series TitleUndergraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight421 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.