All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGiven the pervasive nature of information techlogy and information systems in the modern world, the design and development of IS and IT are critical issues of concern. New research topics continuously emerge in tandem with the latest developments in techlogy-E-Business, Kwledge Management, Business Process Reengineering, for example. However, when the initial flurry of research abates and the gloss of these areas has diminished somewhat, as it inevitably does, the enduring core issue remains as to how to develop systems to fully exploit these new areas. Both information systems and information techlogy are interpreted fairly broadly in this book. Of particular interest to the editors were research studies that facilitate an understanding of the role and impact of information techlogy on society, organizations, and individuals, and which strive to improve the design and use of information systems in that context. The contributions to the book are categorized into four broad themes. First is the core issue of developing information systems in the current environment. In this section several fundamental challenges to current assumptions and conventional wisdom in information systems development are posed. The second section considers the management of information systems. Again, the conventional wisdom is challenged. The penultimate section focuses on researching information systems. Here, various issues to do with research methods are surfaced, and the use of leading-edge research methods in information systems development is pioneered and discussed. Finally, a section is devoted to understanding information systems. This section addresses the perennial challenge in the IS field in relation to the conceptual foundations of the field. This volume comprises the proceedings of the Working Conference on Realigning Research and Practice in Information Systems Development: The Social and Organizational Perspective, which was sponsored by the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP) and held in Boise, Idaho, USA in July 2001. Given the central importance of information systems development in the current age, this eclectic book, which considers the topic from a rich and varied set of perspectives, will be essential reading for researchers and practitioners working in all areas of IS and IT.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/03/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleIFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology
- Series Part/Volume Number66
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight753 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byBrian Fitzgerald,Janice DeGross,Nancy L. Russo
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2001
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.