Reality Check: What Your Mind Knows, But Isn't Telling You by David L. Weiner (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is reality? Each of us has a 'virtual reality map' imprinted on our brains, which consists of our individual ideologies, opinions, attitudes, values, and beliefs that we've built up over the years. But what if you learned that your reality map was distorted or limited? In Reality Check , David L Weiner takes us on an entertaining romp through many odd and interesting new findings in various scientific fields - from neurobiology to physics and genetics, describing how difficult it is for these findings to sink in and impact our perspectives. One of the most fascinating topics that Weiner discusses is what neuroscience has found out about certain apelike mechanisms in our brains. These ancient vestiges of evolution can cause turmoil if we don't meet their primitive expectations, and their penchant for pecking order and status can create far-out realities that we think are absolutely true. By opening our minds to what science has discovered about our realities, and what it still considers to be mysteries, we can gain valuable insights and tools for improving the quality of our lives. The fresh and surprising information in this book has ramifications for parents, managers, educators, and everyone else interested in getting the most out of others and themselves.
- Author BiographyDavid L. Weiner (Chicago, IL) is author of the psychology bestseller Battling the Inner Dummy: The Craziness of Apparently Normal People, Power Freaks: Dealing with Them in the Workplace or Anyplace, and Reality Check: What Your Mind Knows, but Isn't Telling You. He is also on the external board of advisers of the HealthEmotions Research Institute of the University of Wisconsin, and is the founder and CEO of Marketing Support, Inc., a $100-million marketing agency with clients including IBM, Motorola, Home Depot, Xerox, and many other Fortune 500 companies.
- Author(s)David L. Weiner
- PublisherPrometheus Books
- Date of Publication05/08/2005
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationAmherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrometheus Books
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Noteillus
- Weight413 g
- Width160 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.