Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- Description'Reality Without A Name' is a critical examination of a variety of themes and principles that are of relevance to exploring the Sufi mystical path. Using 'Sufism: A Short Introduction' by Professor William C. Chittick as a case study, the present work takes the shortcomings, problems, and errors of the latter book as a starting point for explicating an array of misunderstandings concerning the Sufi spiritual tradition, in particular, and the Islamic religious tradition, in general, that are prevalent both within and outside of academia. In addition, the present study seeks to utilize the ensuing discussion to devleop a constructive approach to engaging -- at least in conceptual terms -- the Sufi path.
- Author BiographyDr. Whitehouse received an honors B.A. in Social Relations from Harvard University and a doctorate in Educational Theory from the University of Toronto. Dr. Whitehouse first stepped onto the Sufi path more than 35 years ago.
- Author(s)Bill Whitehouse
- Date of Publication05/03/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.