All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the Truth? Is the Truth obvious? Can Humanity fully comprehend the Truth? Are we in a position to claim to kw the entirety of Truth? Is there a Higher Power that keeps the Universe going? Have we already discovered the exact identity of this Higher Power? Did a Higher Power reveal itself to Humanity? Did a Higher Power give us a Religion to follow? What is Morality? Is Morality absolute? How can we kw if what we are doing is right? How can we kw if what we are doing is wrong? Are we in a position to make absolute judgments about other people? These questions have bothered so many philosophers throughout the ages. In fact, some people went crazy just by attempting to answer these questions. In this book, I'm going to share my honest opinions regarding the issues of Truth, Morality, and Religion. I'm t a professional philosopher. I am simply an ordinary man who is willing to share to the world my honest thoughts and opinions about these philosophical issues using ordinary conversational language that can, hopefully, be easily understood by the ordinary person. In addition to the goal of sharing my honest thoughts and opinions about these issues, it is also my goal to defend my own personal beliefs against the unjust attacks against them. As Freethinkers, we have been unjustly labeled as foolish and evil by some people, and I've always felt that I really need to write a book in defense of our worldview. I dedicate this book to people who are being unjustly persecuted for their beliefs, whatever their beliefs may be.
- Author BiographyAdrian Almeida is a young scientist, philosopher, and writer. He loves to travel, meet new people, and learn about new ideas and worldviews. He was raised as a conservative Christian but eventually became a liberal freethinker when he attended the University to study Biology, Philosophy, and Medicine. He has written several articles and pamphlets in defense of the Secular Humanist worldview and he actively promotes secular values in his writings. As a freethinker, one of his most important guiding principles in life is: Your worldview is not all there is. There are other worldviews that are as good as or even better than yours. So always have an open mind. Always consider the possibility that you could be wrong and others could be right.
- Author(s)Carmelo Adrian Bendanillo Almeida
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication14/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight327 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.