All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith tenderness, sensitivity, and humor, Really and Truly explores the effect thatdementia has on a young boy named Charlie and his family. Charlie is very close to his grandfather, who loves to tell fanciful stories about pirates, witches, and gmes that amuse Charlie to end. But lately, Charlie's grandpa doesn't have any new stories to tell in fact, some days grandpa doesn't even recognize Charlie. A disease has stolen grandpa's memories, his appetite, and even his smile. Charlie wants so much to make his grandpa smile again that he comes up with a plan to tell him stories the same ones that grandpa used to tell Charlie to make him laugh! Without shying away from the inevitable heartache that comes from watching loved ones suffer, Really and Truly is a spirited book for young readers struggling to remain optimistic during troubling times.
- Author BiographyEmilie Rivard studied creative writing at Universite Laval in Quebec City and focused her writing on exploring imagination and creativity. She writes regularly for Les Explorateurs and has written several beloved children s books in French. She lives in Quebec City, Canada. Anne-Claire Delisle has taught illustration at Cegep de Sainte-Foy in Quebec for more than twenty years. She is the illustrator of the popular French children s series Pomme et Pepin. She lives inSainte-Foy, Canada.
- Author(s)Emilie Rivard
- Date of Publication14/08/2012
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width218 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Anne-Claire Delisle
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.37
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.74
- AU $36.86Trending at AU $44.04
- AU $15.44Trending at AU $17.17
- AU $19.33Trending at AU $19.67
- AU $27.66Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.