All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years Abdolkarim Soroush has emerged as one of the leading revisionist thinkers of the Muslim world. Translated into English for the first time, this book features a critical introduction by the editors and an original interview that reveals the intellectual biography of the author. It sets forth Soroush's views on such matters as the inevitablity of change in religion, the necessity of freedom of belief, and the compatibility of Islam with democracy.
- Author BiographyAbout the Editors Mahmoud Sadri is Associate Professor of Sociology at Texas Women's University. Ahmad Sadri is Associate Professor of Sociology at Lake Forest College.
- Author(s)Abdolkarim Soroush
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2000
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width163 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Volume editorAhmad Sadri,Mahmoud Sadri
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.