All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this awaited follow up to his book Faithful Reason, the well-kwn philosopher and Catholic thinker John Haldane brings his unrivalled insight to bear on questions of the existence of God and the nature and destiny of the human soul. His arguments weave elements drawn from philosophy of mind, epistemology and aesthetics, together with recurrent features of human experience to create a structure that simultaneously frames and supports ideas such as that the cosmos is a creation, human beings transcend their material composition, and that human fulfilment lies beyond death. As in many of his other writings this volume blends themes from Aquinas with insights drawn from analytical philosophy and further establishes John Haldane as the leading 'analytical thomist'.
- Author BiographyJohn Haldane is Professor of Philosophy and Director of the Centre for Ethics, Philosophy and Public Affairs in the University of St Andrews, and also a Senior Fellow of the Witherspoon Institute, Princeton. His books include Atheism and Theism 2nd Edition (2003); Faithful Reason (2004), The Church and the World (2008) and Practical Philosophy: Ethics, Society and Culture (2009).
- Author(s)John Haldane
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/02/2010
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.