All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is about judicial reasoning in human rights cases. The aim is to explore the question: how is it that tionally universal rms are reasoned by courts in such significantly different ways? What is the shape of this reasoning; which techniques are common across the transnational jurisprudence; and which are particular? The book, comprising contributions by a team of world-leading human rights scholars, moves beyond simply addressing the institutional questions concerning courts and human rights, which often dominate discussions of this kind, seeking instead a deeper examination of the similarities and divergence of reasonings by different courts when addressing comparable human rights questions. These differences, while partly influenced by institutional concerns, cant be attributed to them alone. This book explores the diverse and rich underlying spectrum of human rights reasoning, as a distinctive and particular form of legal reasoning, evident in the case studies across the selected jurisdictions.
- Author BiographyLiora Lazarus is a Fellow in Law and University Lecturer in Law at St Anne's College, University of Oxford. Christopher McCrudden FBA is Professor of Equality and Human Rights Law, Queen's University Belfast; William W Cook Global Professor of Law at University of Michigan Law School; and a member of Blackstone Chambers. Nigel Bowles is Director of the Rothermere American Institute at the University of Oxford.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2013
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight891 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byChristopher McCrudden,Liora Lazarus,Nigel Bowles
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.