All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe revival of independent bookselling has already begun. First published six years ago to spark a movement, this revised edition is a rallying cry for anyone who wants to better understand how the rise of the big bookstore chains irrevocable let to their decline and how even in the face of electronic readers from three of the largest companies - Apple, Amazon and Google - the movement to support locally owned independent stores, especially bookstores, is on the rise.
- Author BiographyANDREW LATIES co-founded Children s Bookstore, Children s Bookfair Company, Children s Museum Store, Povertyfighters.com, and Eric Carle Museum Bookshop, and Vox Pop. He shared the 1987 Lucile Micheels Pannell Award for bringing children and books together. ED MORROW is co-founder of Northshire Bookstore in Manchester, Vermont, and has served as president of both the New England and the American Booksellers Associations. BILL AYERS is distinguished professor at University of Illinois, founder of Small Schools Workshop and Center for Youth and Society, and author of fifteen books on teaching and children s rights.
- Author(s)Andrew Laities
- PublisherSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSeven Stories Press,U.S.
- Weight293 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.